Capitol Jobs Marketplace
Posted: January 14, 2022
Organization: Moonsail North
Job Title: Public Relations Specialist
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, well-rounded professional with 3-5 years of experience in public relations who thinks strategically, writes crisply, works well on deadline, and is skilled at managing project timelines. We want whoever lands this position to have a drive for public relations, a passion for storytelling, a desire for continual learning and growth, and an infectious positive attitude. This public relations role will include executing media relations tactics, supporting issues management strategies, and handling social media campaigns. Experience with public policy and legislative communications preferred.
This position will provide a full range of public relations services to clients, including, but not limited to:
- Project manage fast-moving, complex campaigns.
- Write press releases, bylined columns, media advisories, and other written deliverables on deadline.
- Pitch stories to reporters and interact with the media.
- Strategically use social media to support clients’ digital accounts.
- Monitor social media.
- Track and analyze earned media and develop campaign evaluation reports.
- Ensure that DEI and accessibility are considered and reflected in all of your work.
More information available.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related fields
- Excellent project management and organization
- Strong, crisp, clean writing and the ability to write for different mediums on deadline
- Social media strategy and execution
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Collaborative and communicative work style
- Ability to produce high-quality client-facing work
- Ability to develop earned media analytics reports and compelling client-facing presentations
Desired Platform Proficiency:
- Project management platforms, such as Trello and Airtable
- Media monitoring platforms, such as Meltwater or Cision
- Social media management platforms, such as Sprout Social
- E-newsletter platforms, such as Mailchimp and Constant Contact
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Content management system, such as WordPress
- Social media networks (native UI)
- Customer relationship management databases
How to Apply:
If this sounds like a fit for you, apply here. After answering some short-answer questions, you will be asked to submit a cover letter, resume and work samples either as a link to a portfolio or as document uploads.